Hey there! Thanks for checking out my latest blog post. I have so many photographs of this beautiful city over the past 5 years, which makes it difficult to choose the top 10 from my constantly growing portfolio of work. A lot of the photos are lost from memory and backed up on external drives. I’m not including any of my beautiful aerial photos in this list.
My intention with this post is to show the evolving city skyline by featuring my early and more recent work. I’ve traveled throughout the Americas and, for some reason, keep returning to Austin, Texas. This growing city will likely continue to be my home base for at least another decade. I also have the audacious goal to visit another 30 foreign countries in that same time frame.
I’m one of the best photographers with a strong online presence in Austin, in addition to these fine folks featured in my recent blog post on Top 10 Best Photographers in Austin, Texas. My photography business is already well-established here (act local, think global), most of my good friends live in Austin, and I’m excited to see what happens to the infrastructure, transportation, homelessness, zoning laws, small business opportunities, economic inequality, etc. as 120 new people move here every day!
I’m excited to start working part-time for the Austin City Parks Department capturing beautiful landscape photos of our natural parks to show off the beauty of Zilker Park, Barton Springs Pool, Greenbelt, hiking trails, Ladybird Lake, and more! I’m working with a local real estate agent to find another more permanent living situation in a house close to downtown. Austin City Limits Music Festival is only 3 weeks away and I already have my Media Pass secured for 2019. I’ll be doing editorial work and interviews this years instead of snapping shots in the photo pit.
There’s a lot of exciting things coming soon! So without further ado, here’s a few of my favorite landscape photos around Austin, Texas. I’m shooting with a Sony A7 now. The majority of my editing is done in Snapseed, Lightroom, and Photoshop. Enjoy! Please share with friends. :)
1. Walking Along the Boardwalk During Sunset at Blue Hour
2. Looking Straight Down South Congress to the Capitol in Austin, Texas
3. Kayaking on Ladybird Lake to Watch the Bats under Congress Bridge
4. Lightning Strikes Thrice Over the Austin Skyline on a Summer Night
5. Beautiful View of the Austin Skyline and Full Moon at Lou Neff Point
6. Looking Over Congress Bridge from Nearby Parking Structure
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue with Austin Skyline Background
8. Austin Skyline View Over Ladybird Lake from Norwood Project
9. Beautiful Barton Springs and Austin Skyline During Golden Hour
10. Reflections of Austin’s Boardwalk on a Summer Night (10” Exposure)